X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

bagging for a powermill

Here's a little video but i couldn't practice the last time cause i hurt my rips on the dirtbike !!i It still hurts when i put my arms up.
    Please don't laugh i'm just a beginner
    Hope it's enough to get a powermill swivel

• jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Good baggin man! Nice setup! Thanks for the cool vid!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• G-Town
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Swivel?

The Deville vs Powermill in my view : Q-Dee is on to some special stuff love the action and response,now the Powermill you will not be disappointed at all, SMOOTH ... very Smooth. I own both I hope you are blessed to own one of these fine swivels.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
        The Deville vs Powermill in my view : Q-Dee is on to some special stuff love the action and response,now the Powermill you will not be disappointed at all, SMOOTH ... very Smooth. I own both I hope you are blessed to own one of these fine swivels.
        Nice Try G-Town. Truth is, you and your flim flam hands, flipidty flop fist rolling make ANY swivel look good!. And got to love that million dollar smile while you be doing what you do.

and remember: It's not What we Dew, it HOW we dew. I think of G-town's flim flamming Fist Rolls every time I see this...

Word

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
          • Jan 2012

Good stuff! Everyone goes through pretty much the same learning curve I think, and nobody laughs here. Unless you want them to.
          You're on your way!
          Take care of them ribs. Wear the vest.

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
          Here's a little video but i couldn't practice the last time cause i hurt my rips on the dirtbike !!i It still hurts when i put my arms up.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Wow, that is a powerful looking wall unit! Great set up.

Looks like your doing great so far. Nice swing position and swing motion, timing is good, all punching speed and force looks and sounds even, bag control is good, no misses or speed changes. You've got a good beginning mix of skills passing single and double fists through.

Good Stuff! Great beginning skills hear. now move to some outward elbows, repetitive reverse punching (like 4-6 reverse double punches RDP ) and Reverse Fist Rolling. (R-Roll). Try to start getting your fists comfortable staying behind the bag.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Looking good, florian! Nice double-bumping of the bag. I'd say you're on your way. Looks like a nice solid platform. I could be mistaken, but I think I hear a little squeaking going on. You can eliminate that by taking a Q-tip swab and rubbing a little grease (Vaseline works great) where the eye screw and the S-hook rub together when punching.

I hope the bruises from your spill on the dirt bike heal quickly. My partner did a lot of dirt biking in his younger days. He raced for Husqvarna years ago. He taught me how to ride a dirt bike about 15 years ago and I graduated up to a Harley Davidson Fatboy.

Keep posting videos of your progress! BAG ON!!!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Olds455guy
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2012

Dee I don't know if you can get any cooler in my book! Speed Bags, dirtbikes, and Harleys, my three favorite things!

Comment

• AtTheCross
                  • Dec 2012

yep, like that double bumping! did you order your swivel? Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow!
                  1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
                  Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
                  DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
                  Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
                  Retired Bags:
                  Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• AugustChief
                    • Dec 2012

Nice video, you look smooth. can you pls post front, side, and top profile pictures of your speed bag frame/mount? Did you fabricate everything?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• florian 380
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by AugustChief View Post
                      Nice video, you look smooth. can you pls post front, side, and top profile pictures of your speed bag frame/mount? Did you fabricate everything?

Thanks in advance.
                      In Pictures and Videos is a thread from me " New Setup " there you can see pics of the platform . yes i fabricated everything

Comment

• AugustChief
                        • Dec 2012

Great, thanks!

Comment

• G-Town
                          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Bags up!

Florian 380 Did you get your Powermill? I like your title to the thread. Jumpcannon is one cool provider of the evil one enter at your own risk
                          Alan thanks for the compliment... We all Do what we dew. The brother on the skateboard, boarding down two flights of stairs, is plain "Raw" and the best part is the million dollar smile That bro got SKUNKY

Comment

• florian 380
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                            Florian 380 Did you get your Powermill? I like your title to the thread. Jumpcannon is one cool provider of the evil one enter at your own risk
                            Alan thanks for the compliment... We all Do what we dew. The brother on the skateboard, boarding down two flights of stairs, is plain "Raw" and the best part is the million dollar smile That bro got SKUNKY
                            yes i get one !!!!!!!! it's on his way ...
                            I love your video " just having fun on a deville " !!!! very impressive

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

yes i get one !!!!!!!! it's on his way ...
                              I love your video " just having fun on a deville " !!!! very impressive
                              As often happens for highly skilled activities, a video does not do the activity or the person doing it justice. To truly appreciate G-Town's bag ability, particularly his magical fist rolling and rapid, flashy fist direction changes, you really have be there, almost under the board with him. He is still the only person I have ever seen or heard on a bag be able to maintain a constant speed fist roll while accenting certain punches to lay down a beat groove of accents, but the speed of the roll does not change. The difficulty of that is only understood when you realize that to accent any punch you have to hit it a bit harder to make it louder, but that also adds speed to the bag. He has learned the amazing skill to "dead head" the next punch to bleed that extra speed off the bag and keep the fist roll speed constant. It still amazes me how he does that, ...and does it all while flim flaming his hands all around in a pattern all his own, with that million dollar smile on his face.
                              when I attempt it (and I do ) my fist roll will predictably change speeds, faster-slower... as I try to isolate individual punches for an accent beat groove. the roll speed changes will be obvious, yet he can do it at will, banging out a cool beat and the fist roll speed stays the same.

and THAT is a bag master!

You just really have to see it live to understand how amazing that is. the same is true for many on this forum. Until you see and hear them live, you cannot truly appreciate the speed and power of their punching.

and that is why you should attend a gathering at least once....

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...