• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandwedge
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2013

what speed bag should i buy?

I was a little unhappy with the Everlast "level 2" speedbag that came with my platform, and I was extremely unhappy with the Contender "small" speedbag I bought on amazon.

What kind should I buy? I'm looking for one that's as small and fast as possible.
  • ghodge
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

I'll be interested in seeing the replies to this thread also. I have 6x9 and 5x8 promex bags. They were $35 a piece on Amazon - free shipping. I like them but what do I know. I also have an $80 Title Pro black bag which I don't like as much. So I think there are good economic choices. My 1.5 cents.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vandwedge View Post
      I was a little unhappy with the Everlast "level 2" speedbag that came with my platform, and I was extremely unhappy with the Contender "small" speedbag I bought on amazon.

What kind should I buy? I'm looking for one that's as small and fast as possible.
      Smallest, fastest one I have out of my 15 bags is the 8x5 Ringside Heritage. But it's actual measurement is even smaller. Next in line is the NOS Ringside 8x5 with a replacement bladder in it. Super light and fast. There some others out there but I don't have them.

fedora

Comment

• bbally
        • Jan 2013

Contact Ralph RP65 on this forum. He sells the Ringside bags. They are great I have the collection now.
        sgt
        USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• capitol
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2013

I was in your boat a few months ago and purchased a TITLE BLACK® Pro Speed Bag.

It's great! I have been really happy with it.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Title XS Atomic ....smallest, fastest bag IMHO... It's like hitting air!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              Title XS Atomic ....smallest, fastest bag IMHO... It's like hitting air!
              This one is on ebay right now.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I ordered The atomic from title during the TAX sale. i remember hitting one at the gathering and it's a good bag. I thought the shiny leather would "crack" but the ones in NJ did not. I was Fast and light, reminds me of the Title 8x5 classic in feel.

I ordered the smallest (XXS) some time ago, but it is really too small and light, IMO.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rockstar127
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2013

I love the title gold bag and highly recommend it, very fast and smooth with the orange bladder put in it

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rockstar127 View Post
                    I love the title gold bag and highly recommend it, very fast and smooth with the orange bladder put in it
                    So do I, and I keep going back to it. to be honest, I hate that color, but....
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• vandwedge
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fedora View Post
                      Smallest, fastest one I have out of my 15 bags is the 8x5 Ringside Heritage. But it's actual measurement is even smaller. Next in line is the NOS Ringside 8x5 with a replacement bladder in it. Super light and fast. There some others out there but I don't have them.

fedora
                      I ended up getting a Ringside Heritage and I have to say it really isn't fast at all. The soft leathery material absorbs a lot of the impact and there's very little rebound.

I don't regret buying it. The slow rebounding makes it good for practicing tricks with only 1 or 2 bounces between hits. It's also a good small size (smaller than most bags' smallest option), so it helps my accuracy. But I really would not consider this a fast bag by any measurement.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by vandwedge View Post
                        I ended up getting a Ringside Heritage and I have to say it really isn't fast at all. The soft leathery material absorbs a lot of the impact and there's very little rebound.

I don't regret buying it. The slow rebounding makes it good for practicing tricks with only 1 or 2 bounces between hits. It's also a good small size (smaller than most bags' smallest option), so it helps my accuracy. But I really would not consider this a fast bag by any measurement.
                        Good observation. I don't have that bag so cannot comment as to it's speed, but sometimes a slower bag is just as much fun or functional as a "fast" one.

Currently I'm hitting a "soft" 9x6 Fighting Sports on one of my boards for the same reason.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rockstar127
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          So do I, and I keep going back to it. to be honest, I hate that color, but....
                          Haha yea i definitely second wishing it was in another color! Also see Mayweather and Pacman hitting it in alot of there videos

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rockstar127 View Post
                            Haha yea i definitely second wishing it was in another color! Also see Mayweather and Pacman hitting it in alot of there videos
                            Yea, I noticed that too, especially Pacman. The fact that two of the top boxers in the world apparently use it a lot has to be saying something about that bag, shape, size and speed.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rockstar127
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              Yea, I noticed that too, especially Pacman. The fact that two of the top boxers in the world apparently use it a lot has to be saying something about that bag, shape, size and speed.
                              Not trying to get off the subject, not sure Alan if you have seen the video of Floyd hitting it? He has like a 6in platform it looks and sounds amazing, do you think thats overkill? What dimensions would you say is best for hitting the gold bag on?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...